You may already have an account with one of them (for example, Mail Chimp) if you’ve dipped your toes into the world of email marketing in the past.
However, there is currently only one company I can 100% recommend, which is ActiveCampaign.
If you already have an account with one of the other companies, I recommend you make the switch now before you go any further.
Simply put, I’ve tried them all, but ActiveCampaign is the only system I’ve found that combines the functionality you need to run a professional business at an affordable cost.
Here are some key things to be aware of about ActiveCampaign:
- This is a contact-based system, much like a customer relationship management system (CRM), which means your subscribers are only registered in the system once, regardless of how many email lists they happen to be subscribed to.
- You have access to a powerful marketing automation system, which allows you to create pre-programmed series of tasks that run on auto-pilot. These “automations” are easy to set up, but can save you a lot of time and effort.
- You can apply tags (100% defined by you) to your contacts, which can then be used to segment your contacts into groups (for example, portrait clients), or control the operation of automations.
- An email in ActiveCampaign is simply referred to as a “campaign”.
- You also have detailed reports on the performance of your campaigns, including open rates, click-through rates, unsubscribe rates, and so on.
Important: All of the training materials in this course relating to email marketing are based on the ActiveCampaign system, so you’ll need to make appropriate adaptations if you use a different system.
I’m here to answer any questions you have about using ActiveCampaign, but if you need help with any of the other email platforms please refer to their specific support team.
Don’t have an ActiveCampaign account? Get started with a free 14-day trial here:
When you do sign up as a paying customer, everything you need is in the Lite plan.
Below is a quick walkthrough video of the ActiveCampaign system to give you a bird’s-eye view of what it offers and what you can do:
In the next unit, we’ll continue setting up the basics of your email marketing system.